BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

John Keats and Jane Austen






"......But for Love! Can I help it? You are always new. The last of your kisses was ever the sweetest; the last smile the brightest; the last movement the gracefullest. When you pass'd my window home yesterday, I was fill'd with as much admiration as if I had then seen you for the first time." - John Keats to Fanny Brawne




I love history, and I love movies and books that take place in old Europe! Non-fiction or fictional, if it takes place in old Europe, I'm interested! I recently watched the movie "Bright Star" which is about the poet John Keats and his love for Fanny Brawne and his untimely death. I'm not the best at understanding poetry, nor am I a poet in the slightest. But I'm reading the book about him now. I find it so wonderful that poets and writers (ex: Jane Austen) live on through their words. I read anything that has to do with Jane Austen, and watch the movie "Pride and Prejudice" about 4 times a month, if not more! I'm also doing more research on Jane Austen and her short life as well. She was so talented in writing love stories and yet she died unmarried. I love the movie about her love affair with Thomas Lefroy, I often watch it and shut it off before they have to break it off. That way I pretend she had a happy ending herself :)


This is my favorite picture from the movie "Becoming Jane". Awe how I want to fall in love....

0 comments: